30 Mar Measure your organization’s remote work level
Implementing remote work practices is not an easy job. Your organization will face many challenges before it receives a good assessment in this practice. Maybe your organization is trying to master and making their best efforts to put it in place but, how do you know if your employees feel you are doing the right things? Getting feedback from your employees and measuring it is the first step acknowledging what is your real current situation and knowing which are the right points you have to start improving.
To help organizations improve their remote working practices, Team Insights has launched a “Special Dimension” targeted to measure this practice. It allows organizations to start a remote work survey and monitor its results week by week.
This survey contains 16 graded-answer questions and an open question. The first set of questions will help you monitor the evolution of the remote working practice over time across 3 main categories: available resources; communication and relationship with coworkers; and regulations compliance and hygienic factors.
There’s also an open question designed to obtain direct feedback, allowing employees to comment anything related to aspects which have not been answered in the previous questions.
In order to activate the remote work survey, you have to click “Dimension configuration” in “My Organization” menu. Then, you have to activate the remote work dimension.
When you activate this dimension, your employees will receive the following graded questions, and an open question each week.
- To what extent does your company provide you with the necessary devices (computer, telephone …) to carry out your work remotely?
- Do you have access to all the files you need in a shared space while working remotely?
- Can you easily access your email from any device?
- Does your company provide you with the means to communicate easily with anyone within the organization, whether by mobile, chat or video conference?
- Do you have access to all the systems and tools you need to work remotely?
- Has your company placed the necessary online collaboration tools at your disposal so that you can work remotely?
Communication and relationship with your coworkers:
- While working remotely, do you frequently receive feedback from your manager about your objectives / results?
- While working remotely, how clearly do you know what to do and how to do it?
- How do you assess working with your team during home office?
- How do you assess the communication with your team while working remotely?
- How often do you work with online collaboration tools (Office 365, Google Suite, Trello, Asana, Monday …) in your company?
Regulations compliance and hygienic factors:
- Do you have a specific workspace where you can work remotely?
- How often do you follow routines to separate your work life from your personal life?
- Do you think that your company has taken all the necessary actions to guarantee the security of the information that you process while working remotely?
- Are the occupational risk prevention procedures facilitated and guaranteed during remote work?
- How often do you tend to have interruptions when you are working remotely?
- What difficulties have you encountered when working remotely?
If you have any doubts while launching this survey, we will be glad to assist you. Just contact our support team.